A cookie is a file that is downloaded onto your computer when accessing certain websites. Cookies enable a website, among other things, to store and retrieve information about the browsing habits of a user or their equipment, and depending on the information it contains and the way you use your equipment, and they can be used to recognise a user.
Cookies are essential for the operation of the Internet, offering innumerable advantages when providing interactive services, facilitating browsing and usability of our Website.
The information we provide below will help you to understand the different types of cookies:
ACCORDING TO THE ENTITY THAT MANAGES THEM
– Own cookies: Those collected by the editor to offer the service requested by the user.
– Third-party cookies: Those that are collected and managed by a third-party, they cannot be considered own.
ACCORDING TO THE TIME THEY REMAIN ACTIVE
– Session cookies: They collect data while the user browses the website for providing the requested service.
– Persistent cookies: They are stored in the terminal, and the information obtained will be used by the owner of the cookie to provide the requested service.
ACCORDING TO THEIR PURPOSE
– Technical cookies: Which are necessary for correct web browsing
– Personalization cookies: Provide the user with features (language) for browsing the website
– Analysis cookies: Enable the provider to analyse the user’s browsing habits, monitoring the use of the website, and drawing up statistics of the most popular contents, the number of hits, etc.
– Publicity cookies: Enable the editor to include publicity on the website, according to the website’s contents.
– Behavioural publicity cookies: Enable the editor to include publicity on the website according to the information obtained from the user’s browsing habits.